It’s May 2018 and the hotel is Best Jacaranda in Fanabe, Costa Adeje. First time for me to stay at this hotel and I must tell you, I was feeling a little excited to see what was in store for our holiday. It’s in a good location with 3 – 4 minutes walk to some stunning beaches. With a good holiday package deal bagged, all I need now was for the hotel to deliver their bit and make my week a happy time!
Recommended by my sister Maureen who stayed here a few years ago, I was a little apprehensive as back then, some negative feedback was based on poor WIFI and food. She did say it was a great hotel and therefore I was feeling optimistic as since then, a takeover from the Best Hotel chain put me in a fine mood as they are a reputable organisation. Well, they have 3 hotels in Tenerife, based in Puerto de la Cruz, Las Americas and Adeje but also branch out extensively to mainland Spain (33 hotels in all).
For me, the Best Jacaranda Hotel would have my full undivided attention all week!
Do you just love arriving at a hotel and seeing it for the first time? It’s exciting stuff walking into the reception and not knowing what to expect. Yes you have the tour operator brochures but let’s be honest, the brochures are pretty much made to impress. There is nothing worse than being sold a holiday from great photographs and then arriving and it doesn’t quite look or feel the same. NOPE! not good and we cannot be having it, hence why my blog is helpful and true to a ‘live experience‘. What you see is what you get with Tapas In Tenerife blog.
- Check in was late at night so it was quick and friendly
- Loved the added touch of taking our cases to our room, especially as it was floor 9 (nice gesture and it didn’t go unnoticed)
- Arrived at 10.45 (later than expected) and a cold food plate and bottled water waiting for us (and other arrivals) in the restaurant. Again, a nice touch as other hotels will close the restaurant and if you arrive after this time, you have to go out and find food!
- Impressive and spacious foyer and reception area
They say the most important meal of the day is Breakfast!
At home, I don’t really eat breakfast. I know what some people will think and say it is the most important meal of the day but I just cannot seem to eat before heading out to work or at least until mid-morning.
The buffet style breakfast and evening meal is a popular choice for tourists and lets face it, it offers great choice, flexibility and allows you to take your time and go back for more!
- more coffee/tea machines (from other hotels I have stayed in), making a coffee queue quicker and easier for a refill. What’s more, the coffee is really good
- proper freshly squeezed orange juice and not the diluted ‘make believe’ which some hotels try to convince us it’s the real thing
- plenty of tables, seating area and very spacious restaurant
- freshly made waffles, pancakes, chocolate sauce and tasty pastries to go with the coffee
- breakfast ranged from an English style cooked food, cheese, meats, salad, porridge, cereals, fruits, yoghurt and more. Plenty of toasters for the fresh bread and rolls
- Not sure about the cooked vegetables for breakfast but hey! my brother enjoyed them so everyone to their own is what I say. One size doesn’t fit all.
Plenty of choices and great for families. Relaxing, comfortable and the restaurant Manager was on hand to check that meal times went smoothly. Tick this off my list as honestly, cannot complain and a good start to my day.
Ah, what is it about the glorious sun and the race to get a sun lounger?
May is an ideal time to visit Tenerife as it is their quieter time and the prices can be extremely good. What is even better, the Best Jacaranda has 4 outside pools for you to choose from, located in different parts of the hotel. Plenty of sun loungers, leaving guests time to get a good night sleep and be confident the next day of a good place to sunbathe. (Pools include 1 heated, 1 salt and 2 children’s)
Clean, bright and colourful, there was always ample availability to bathe comfortably each day. If you like more privacy while to catch a bit of sun, what appealed to me was the double sunloungers with canopies where you could take a book or just chill out in a peaceful part of the hotel. Planning had carefully been thought through and what is even better, I liked the fact that there was no cost attached to using these loungers (other hotels will charge a fee).
Renovation and improvements
The large grey rock which is usually a central focus of the hotel is a beautiful waterfall feature but unfortunately on my visit, it was being renovated. Still, it did not stop us from having a nice area to sunbathe or to be amused by the active animation team!
We all like a bit of added value for our money
- FREE safe with no deposit or charges. A genuinely added bonus
- WIFI FREE, as some hotels, charge for this service so make sure you check your hotel choice before you book (connection was fast and no issues at all. Good signal and brilliant service
- Thomas Cook office in reception with a representative there daily. (plenty of help in different languages)
- Excursion desk offering some great options to see Tenerife. Knowing the standard prices which you will be offered outside of the hotel, these are competitive prices
- Ask reception about upgrading your half board basis where you can pay €25 per person, per week and have drinks with your evening meal. This includes water, soft drinks, beers and Sangria. Worth considering
- Entertainment each night in the downstairs bar and plenty of activities during the day with the animation team and children’s corner
Views of the mountains which will make it all worth it
If you have a room situated at the back of the hotel and facing the mountains, you can expect to find some amazing views on clear days. It is impossible to ignore such scenic beauty of the volcanic mountains against the beautiful blue backdrop of the sky.
Waking up to this view and watching the sun cast its colours like a magical kaleidoscope was breathtaking. The rugged mountains in contrast with the surrounding beauty, display the trademark of Tenerife. Hotel Best Jacaranda is extremely lucky to offer these spectacular views to guests.
And finally the food
The buffet style food on an evening went down a treat with guests. Plenty variety of meat, fish, potatoes, salads, pasta, pizza and of course desserts. There is something for everyone here and tasty.
On a Thursday night, Best Jacaranda hosts a fiesta night with chocolate fountains, cupcakes and plenty of well-presented food. This is probably the best night for eating (although the other nights were really good and no complaints).
Excellent staff and family friendly
If you have children, the animation team will keep them happy and offer pool games and activities each day. Loved the colourful children’s corner with desks, chairs and a really friendly, inviting place for the small ones. Great team and keep up the amazing energy you all have. You put a lot of atmosphere into making this hotel a super family friendly place to take a Tenerife holiday.
The hotel is run to a really good standard and it is clear the management work hard to achieve good results. The feedback and comments on Tripadvisor speak volume and it goes without saying, the team deserve it. Well done to the General Manager and the team for providing a caring and friendly holiday hotel.
Big ‘Thank You’ to Diana who took the time to talk to me and was extremely polite and helpful at all times. Catherine Galez who dedicated time and arranged for me to get additional photographs or information for this blog review (you are a credit to the hotel).
Hotel Best Jacaranda Facebook page HERE
(Give it a like and a share please)
One last comment to add
- Wow, your hotel is huge and from the outside, you would never imagine the sheer size of it. Possibly suggest some signage in lifts for each floor and near stairs to guide to reception direction.
All in all, there are no real negative comments about this hotel but just a little suggestion to guide guests around and make it little easier for their first few days.
If not recommended to me, I probably would not have selected you but ONLY because you don’t jump out via social media or come up frequently with the tour operators. All in all, this is a brilliant find for a Tenerife holiday and the guests which I spoke to all confirmed they give top marks to you and will be returning back!
Be proud Best Jacaranda and shout out your worth as guests love this hotel. Tell the world where you are and be more active on social media, please! Twitter, Instagram and Linked- In, need you.
If you would like to read more about my up and coming blog posts regarding Tenerife, sign up for my FREE subscription on the main page. You will be instantly notified of any new posts which I upload! Simple and looking forward to any comments which you may wish to leave.
The photographs are my own work and copyright law applies
You can follow me on:
Thank you for reading my post and hope you will join me for more adventures in Tenerife!